- It is open 365 days/year.
- It is free (there is a request for a $3/adult and $2/child donation, but you aren't turned away if you fail to donate.)
- The newish Visitor Center and Conservatory architecture is gorgeous (don't miss the deco 1936 zoological building attached to the back side of the visitor's center--it's a gem!)
- It's 85 degrees and humid in the Conservatory.
- It inspired the children's book "Goodnight Gorilla" which this household has memorized.
- If you are hardy enough, you can head to the adjacent Como Park and go cross-country skiing or snowshoeing and enjoy a little apres-ski beverage at the cafe there.
Image: University of Minnesota Extension, Clay County.