Sunday, January 20, 2008

On the road in Northeast

My uncontrollable addiction to Season 4 of "The Wire" (the best show on TV) has stolen prime blogging time from me. So until Netflix hooks us up again, I am back on the blog wagon (I think I'm screwing up the metaphor, but y'all get what I'm saying).

I had a couple of interesting sitings today en route to friends in Northeast Minneapolis. Heading north on Stinson from Hennepin, we passed the Minneapolis Diagonal Bike Trail. Seemed like an odd spot for a road-separated bike/ped trail, but there it was, passing warehouses and parking lots. I look forward to riding it sometime.

At Lowry and Stinson, if you look to your east you'll see a fine example of a trailer park in the city--it's the Lowry Grove RV and Manufactured Home Community. You can both live and camp there. You definitely don't expect to find it where it is.

Image: Chris Gregerson

No comments: